Friday, October 14, 2005

what a racket

You'd have to live in a hole not know about the scrapbooking fever that's swept the country.
And since people know I'm crafty, they're often surprised to hear that I don't scrapbook, that I just put my unmolested photos in, gasp, photo albums.
But like I said before, I now have the Italy photos, all 200+ of them. And if I don't write down what's in those photos, I'll forget in a few years. The answer, I thought-- scrapbook them.
I had bought a sensible black leather book to put them in about 6 months ago. This afternoon I opened that puppy up and found that it did not come with enough pages to accomidate my bevy of images. Alright, I'll need more pages...
Oh, and page protectors...
and photo corners...
and special adhesives...
and sparkly doo-dads!...aaa!
This is going to be the most expesnsive photo album ever!
It does not appeal to the starving artist in me, this whole specialty market of scrapbooking.
Hopefully I can get to Michaels (my cheapo art supply headquarters) tomorrow and find some resolve.
At this point, no, I'm not going to scrapbook the baby photos, they are getting their own exclusive photo albums and that's it. That's it, I tell ya.

7 comments:

laura said...

i hate to break it to ya, but michael's is expensive for scrapbooking, even though it's pretty cheap overall! scrapbooking is a slippery slope...stay away!

Charlie said...

Curses! [Charlie pulls down goggles and gets ready for the luge]

Anonymous said...

Michael's though offers coupons everyonce in a while for 40% ALMOST anything in there store. My wife is a craft person too, and she has used those coupons a lot.

Anonymous said...

I gotta tell you, EK is a creative memories consultant. Therefore, we get a 30% discount, making it much much cheaper than michaels, plus it gets delivered to our door, saving time. Shpeal over and soap box is now placed in it's proper place.

Believe me, I'm pretty cheap. It's easily as inexpensive as michaels once you get through the curve of buying all the sticker-y paper holding crap.

Unknown said...

all ya need is some tricky cutter scissors, some construction paper, rubber cement, and you are good to go. c'mon! You can do it!

Sam said...

Hey...I've got tricky cutter scissors AND glitter glue left over from when I was an RA...will that help?

Unknown said...

Dude, scrapbook stores make the artsy fartsy person inside me flail with joy. But it can get expensive...

If you need a lot of something (like pages or sheet protectors or a certain kind of paper?) online is a good way to go. You can even find a lot of this stuff on ebay. ;)