Wednesday, March 14, 2007

sometimes I want to stuff them in boxes

People say that when you have kids, your pets get the shaft.
With just one baby, that wasn't really true for us. They got more walks and more food scraps fell on the floor.
But now that we have two babies, my patience is stretched to a new limit and anything the dogs and [especially] the cat do that is remotely annoying, I want to kill them.

For instance, just this morning:

Baby R had only slept about 45min-1hr at a time last night (because I ate garlic and gave him gas, my bad). So I crawl into bed with him, despite his fussiness and attempt to get him to fall asleep so I could go to sleep.
The cat made it her priority to meow like she was in heat until I finally got up to throw her out. She tries to make me hate her.

AND THEN, we finally got Baby C to fall asleep for her nap around 1pm. At 2pm, the dogs , in the bathroom next to her room decided to wrestle and growl and flop around so loudly that it woke her up.

She is currently meddling next to me as I type this-- instead of sleeping, thanks to our pets.

I love the dogs, but right now I want to make coats out of them.

5 comments:

Laura said...

i have these same feelings every so often. i hope i get over it as he gets older.

Unknown said...

yes, after you have a baby, pets are 75% annoying and 25% rewarding. i feel your pain, well half of it since i only have one kid and i don't stay home all day. I already told scott that when our die, i don't want them replaced. he thinks i'm evil. whatev.

Unknown said...

what is with this new approval thing? i don't likey.

Anonymous said...

CHARLSA ANNE YOU BETTER TAKE THAT BACK!! :)

Charlie said...

Okay, I turned off the comment moderation thing. I did it because someow I got a HUGE spam comment even with the word verfication turned on, but all this approving is silly.