Monday, April 09, 2007

Baby Tuesday


I call this her 70's Elton John look...if he wore a tiny polka dot swimsuit of course.


Get away from me! You with the camera! You are scarey!


Still scared, but pretending not to see me.


Baby C loved the doll that Granny GiGi sent her for Easter. :)


It's snowy in the east, but we're sporting swimwear on the left coast.


I love it when she charges the camera.


We took Baby C to her favorite park where our church/Beautiful Day was holding a big free egg hunt. It was one of many many sites hosted by churches all over the south bay. Anyway, she was confused most of the time. It started when she normally would take a nap, so I gave her this big sugar cookie to keep her awake and lively so she could participate. But effects of the cookie didn't set in until most of the eggs were already snatched up by other kids.



Very serious.


Finally! The fun sinks in!


She liked the plastic eggs more than the candy anyway. Most of the booty she collected were little plastic bugs that we're hidden in the grass with the eggs, 'worked out perfect.
She didn't find any "golden tickets" in her eggs, but since her mommy is part of the Beautiful Day machine, one of the guys running the prize table gave her a ticket to get a stuffed bulldog with bunny ears. :)



Here is Baby R on Easter with his great-grandmother, wearing his little Ralph Kramden shirt. Great-Grandma-Bobby has 4 sons, 6 grandkids, and two greatgrandkids (provided by yours truly ;) )


Here are the 4 generations of Thayer men...all in blue-- no pink here.


And 4 generations of Thayer women, all but Baby C are Thayer-by-marriage.


Saturday morning she wanted to play in the water. And by the end of it, I had stripped her clothes off and put her in her swimsuit because she kept pouring the water on herself as if her pants were on fire.


BTW, I had my first dueling baby meltdowns Monday afternoon. Whoa doggies, Baby C was screaming and freaking out (and I still don't know why) and Baby R clearly had some serious gas (what we have dubbed B.I.B.S, Baby Irritable Bowel Syndrome). I was carrying both of them and they were both screaming in each ear. I finally had to put the boy down in his bed while I fed her chocolate to calm her down. Then once she was appeased, I rescued him and fed him. Whew! I'm sure it's just the beginning of things to come.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

your baby tuesdays have improved dramatically with the addition of the newest thayer. i mean, you were tossing up like 2 pics there for a while, now i'm getting plenty of baby love. THANK YOU. All very cute. MIsS YoU GuYs

Unknown said...

oh, i forgot...you look totally different...the long hair and color maybe?? wow...i mean i love your look though, it just shocked me.

Charlie said...

Yeah. The big streaks were originally an indigo color, but I did it wrong and it washed out in like two days. By then my motivation about my hair had pooped out, so I just left them blonde.
And then I was all ready to cut my hair back to chin length on Easter morning but then I thought the long hair was helping me look thinner, so I cut me a "doll cut" instead.
I've wanted to try this style for years.I think it's good for hiding a post-pardum-fat-neck.

Anonymous said...

The kids are growing!! And SO cute! There's just something about you that reminds me so much of Sandi! Your hair looks really beautiful!

Love to all,
Aunt D in Plano