Friday, February 05, 2010

cross my fingers and say a prayer

Another church in the area is kinda overhauling their stuff, how they run things and what they do, etc.

I was asked to draw up some plans on how to polish their look. It's kind of a dream of mine to be able to take a church that hasn't changed at all in 30 years and make it look hip and help bring young people in. There is a rough $5K budget for it, so keep that in mind, I can't totally buy all new stuff or make major architectural changes.

The downside is that it's pro bono and I'm up past midnight working on it. I know there's tons more to do on it. There's a gym and sunday school rooms, and a lounge area-- but I think if they actually follow my guidelines, then I will devote more time to it and do the rest. We'll see if they'll gonna give up those silk plants and 70's furniture, in favor of lamps and ebony stain...


These are pics of how it currently looks:







And here are my design proposals:








2 comments:

becky.rec said...

I happen to think it's prrrretty amazing when churches have gyms. Any chance of them becoming more sustainable by making it a place to work out, even if only for seniors? Just an idea...

becky.rec said...

I love the changes. So simple and accessible but not too drastic. Great eye...cause I sure didn't see it... :)