Tuesday, November 01, 2005

how could his mouth be cleaner than mine?

This morning the dogs stared me down while I fed the baby until I got up and fed them their kibbles. I put both bowls down and left the room to gather a load of laundry when I hear an angry dog scuffle.
I return to find two guilty-looking dogs, one empty bowl (Franklin's) and one half eaten bowl.
Obviously Franklin had tried to eat Mojito's food after he finished his.
I told them both they were bad, put Mojito in the bathtub (a.k.a. Time Out) and told Franklin to lay down and "stay" in the other room. On my way back to the bedroom, I notice that there was a distinctive pattern of little poops in the office-- Franklin had left his calling card sometime in the night. "One thing at a time, I'll deal with that in a bit," I thought.
Again I'm in the other room collecting the white-load when I hear "snarfle snarfle slurp snarfle," Franklin was eating Mojito's food again! I run back through the house, scream at Franklin, put him in the office by himself, and I might have said "there, you can stay in there with your poop" or something like that. I let Mojito out of the tub, give him more kibbles for him to eat in peace.
After I had finally put the clothes in the washing machine, I decided Franklin could come out. I opened the door, Franklin trotted out, and as my eyes panned to where the stonehenge of poop had previously been laid I noticed--
It was gone.


I'd like to believe he was trying to make amends and clean it up.
But no, he's just a gross poop-eating dog.

5 comments:

Lizzie said...

at least he's a poop eating dog who picks up after himself

Sam said...

BUT EUW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

laura said...

one of our dogs rolls in other dog's poop if it's around...when we lived next door to a woman with 3 dogs that we shared a yard with, this was a HUGE problem. thankfully, she avoids her own brother's poop now. dogs are weirdos.

Unknown said...

that story is fab. it made me laugh. and i thank you.

A. Diabetic Person said...

This is an excellent poop story.

Maybe he thought you wouldn't notice that he was bad if he covered his tracks.