Friday, November 25, 2005

only you can prevent Jingle Bells



I've been compiling my favorite Christmas songs on iTunes to make my own personal Ultimate Christmas Album. (*Not available in stores, call now!*)
Here's what I have so far.
Poignant Songs:
Celebrate Me Home - Kenny Loggins
Christmas by the Bay - Tim Hockenberry
Mary Did You Know? - Kathy Mattea
O Holy Night - Kelly Clarkson**
Welcome to Our World - Chris Rice
Go Tell It on the Mountain - The Swan Silvertones

Fun Songs:
All I Want for Christmas is You - Mariah Carey
Here Comes Santa Claus - Elvis Presley
I Want and Alien For Christmas - Fountains of Wayne
Man in the Santa Suit - Fountains of Wayne


I can't think of any other really good ones but I bet you can. I'm asking for suggestions. If you're considering voting for Jingle Bells or The Christmas Shoes-- shame on you.


**What? She does a good job!

8 comments:

Lucy said...

Little Drummer Boy by that Canadian woman, NOT Celine Dion, the older one with the really clear, smooth voice.

won tong said...

how bout something by jimm-meny cricket..alvin and the chipmunks my fav...i'm recording a mix of dr. demento material that is ON SATALITE ON XMRADIO.COM....THE CHRISTMAS SONGS ARE REALLY WEIRD SOME VERY FUNNY I LIKE THEIR SOFT ROCK CAFE STATION CHUCK PROHET C.D. AGE OF MIRICLE... SONG... BOMP SHOOBY DOOBY BOMP..

laura said...

how about
"i want a hippopotamus for christmas"

or

"mele kalikamika(sp?)" by bing crosby?

Lucy said...

Anne Murray

I remembered.

Daniel said...

Click on these to listen or download...

Seven Joys of Mary - Great Big Sea

Christmas in Killarney - The Barra MacNeils

Merry Christmas! Hope you enjoy!

Unknown said...

I have too many favorites to get into it now. But, I do have your Peanuts CD that you left here last Christmas. Shall I send it back?

Anonymous said...

I second the vote for Mele Kalikimaka, or anything else by Bing Crosby for that matter.

Also - I like Both Steven Curtis Chapman Christmas CD's. Then again, between my wife and I we have like 6 gigs of Christmas songs in iTunes, so we listen to a lot of Christmas music.

Great Big Sea = Best (only?) Newfoundland band ever!

Unknown said...

Friend of mine made her ultimate Christmas album -- with downloadable links and all! I thought it was cool. I mean, any list that includes TMBG, The Pogues, Barenaked Ladies, AND Bing Crosby and Ella Fitzgerald is automatically OK in my book. Not to mention Hugh Jackman, who is hot. ;)

http://www.livejournal.com/users/dogeared/51432.html?nc=2