Thursday, November 17, 2005

if a big mac was divided into little blue nuggets

I think it was about five years ago when I first saw the chocolate covered blueberry.
I, being a huge fan of chocolate covered cherries, was naturally drawn to them. I believe it was in a starbucks while waiting in line when I reached for a box and saw the price. It must have been over four dollars because I put it back. And ever since then I've seen them and said "oh chocolate blueberries!-- no, too expensive."
Thinking back, it wasn't like I was on food stamps, I don't know why I would pay 4 dollars for a mocha, but not on something I really wanted.
But today! when I saw a tiny bag in the impulse section of the check out at Michaels, I swooped because they were two dollars!
They were totally worth the wait, I ate the whole bag (24 berries) in about 15 minutes. They were even worth the weight too because I saw that a whole bag will run you 18 grams of fat.
Mmm chocolate blueberry fat.
The holiday indulgence season has officially begun! Bring on the stuffing!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

EK loves those things. Me, myself, not a huge fan. It's just that while I love the pastey chocolate donuts, the "tartiness" (is that a word? If not I claim it) of the blueberry with pastey chocolate freaks my mouth out.

Unknown said...

i've always loved your love of sweets

laura said...

holiday indulgence! YAY! i walked into the bathroom at p.f. chang's today and it smelled like christmas. even the chinese bistro's got it right! i've been thinking about thanksgiving for about a month now. i can't wait!