Sunday, September 17, 2006

I'm sure you've all heard, but

I've been upset all week about Dwayne "Dog" Chapman and his son and brother being extradited to Mexico for the stupidest reason I have ever heard. I'm so mad I want to drive down to Mexico and protest.
A friend of mine (also a law student, if anyone cares) sent this, and I thought I'd share it:

I watch Dog: The Bounty Hunter all the time because it's just good TV. I don't know why, I don't know how, but the mix of the show is just too good to turn off.

He was arrested for a bounty in Mexico.

The guy who he arrested (3 years ago I might add) was a rapist, heir to the Max Factor throne, and is currently serving a 124 year sentence.

It's a crime to detain someone in Mexico, deprivation of liberty. . .kinda like false imprisonment here only Mr. Max Factor money was probably paying the government some hefty cash to hide him.

Dog was arrested for this crime 3 years ago, spent a couple of days in jail and then missed a follow-up hearing. . .god only knows why. . .I imagine he wasn't even told he had one, it seems ridiculous for a Bounty Hunter to not show up to his own hearing.

The original crime that Dog is being extradited for is a MISDEMEANOR. You can't extradite someone from state to state for a misdemeanor so this is totally bull*** for the most part.

The real crime was committed when Andrew Luster decided to brutally rape 3 victims. . .not when Dog went and found him hiding in Mexico. Mexico wouldn't turn him over, why should we turn Dog over for a much lesser crime?

Oddly enough, this is happening right before the midterm elections in a time when immigration reform is hot on the plate. This also follows the Mexican elections, brand new president. . .not to get into conspiracy theory but it's fun.

Here's the best story I've found about it so far.

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/14839076/


3 comments:

won tong said...

AMEN SISTER TO THAT I'M FURIOUS!

Anonymous said...

To quote my younger brother

"Dude, that whole Dog thing is freakin' gayalistic".

We're still trying to figure out where the alistic comes from...

It is super lame though, I just heard about it today.

Unknown said...

I watched the show Tuesday night where the Champman family "spoke." It was good and really frustrating about the whole situation. There has to be some funny business going on with that. Yeah, it makes me mad. I'll have a fit if Dog and his crew ever have to face jail time in Mexico. I'll tell you that.