Friday, September 01, 2006

big house people don't have these problems

The "office" I am currently blogging from will soon be no more. It will be a green kids' room and all this stuff is getting evicted.
Our oddly laid out dining room is the only logical destination for our officey stuff but we're once again going to need the help our our friend the Swede, IKEA.

After a very thorough investigation of their many wonderful storage solutions, I have deicded there are only two configurations that will function in our 54" x 66" corner.

I have taped them out onto the carpet thusly:



Basically, one way involves only utilizing the longer wall so that the filing cabinet will still function.
And the other way nixes the filling cabinet altogether and incorporates a dandy "corner cabinet."

Both options would go all the way up to the ceiling, mind you.

I was thinking that I only really currently use 2 of our 4 drawered file cabinet, and the rest could be boxed up right? Right. We have a little "jr. size" two drawer cabinet that is presently filled with unimportant stuff that could also be boxed up and put in the garage. That was my thought for "option 2" w/the corner cabinet.

Thoughts?

4 comments:

laura said...

i love that you taped it out. you crack me up.

ikea, here i come for my own home improvement project!

Gibbytron said...

I say purge! Throw the crap away! Minimal living is the way to go! And put stuff UP. Remember, you've got pets and kids, no touchee if no reachy!

:)

-B

Unknown said...

I say put it all in storage in the garage except for the very, very necessary. Then, get a little hanging file folder system and put that stuff in it maybe in the bottom of your closet? Yes. Then, don't put anything where you've taped! Leave that space empty! You need room there. No Congestion. Just use the laptops. They can be stored in that bookshelf or something of the like.

Unknown said...

gibbytron is on it.