Tuesday, September 06, 2005

24 addicting hours


Someone suggested to Kevin that we watch 24. So we went to rent the Season 3 DVD's we were warned to rent a bunch at once because you'll want to see them all. It's true! We watched Season 3 for full price from Blockbuster, and then A&E, those peaches, played all the episodes of season 4 Sunday and Monday. We Kevo'd them, and all was right with the world.
However, I must list the problems with the show:
-90% of the characters are pretty people, I think we all know people who work in government don't look like they stepped out of Vanity Fair.
-Whenever there's a logistical problem in the script they say something like "Make it happen!" or "Just get it done!" Problem solved.
-Too many feeling-discussions. Right in the middle of a terrorist takeover, the respective girlfriend of the character will call and want to talk about their relationship. Kevin has to stop me from fast-forwarding.
-Kevin's addition: Complicated names will be relayed to one another in the Counter Terrorist Unit and they can magically spell it correctly. "The suspect's name is Sumiyllan Chaurtreli! S-U-M-I-Y..."

Otherwise, good programming, even if it is packed with hot button terrorist issues, stress and fear. And they are not afraid to kill off characters by the dozen in each episode-- no one is safe!

Kiefer Trivia Did you know his full name is Kiefer William Frederick Dempsey George Rufus Sutherland?
Of course you didn't, don't pretend you did.


 Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

A. Diabetic Person said...

Isn't that what you were going to name the baby if it was a boy?

Sam said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sam said...

Wow...and I thought I had a long name...holy cow...at least he doesn't have any hyphens!!

Allison...you crack me up!

Charlie said...

No, but I was going to name him Sumiyllan to ensure him a spot in the NFL.

Unknown said...

I appreciate that trivia. So, if it is so unknown, how did you find out?
Also, Scott and I watched the first season of 24 and got hooked, but then it got old for me. I guess I figured that way too much unbelievable stuff was going on. But, I liked it for a while. Watch on!