Friday, September 16, 2005

I get it now

I get babies now. I understand why people get baby fever, why women will cross the street to see a new baby, and why people I hardly knew (who had kids of their own) were so excited for me. I think I'm going to have to go back and re-read the baby greeting cards I got because they'll have new meaning. I get why people buy minivans and disney window screens and don't go shoppping for themselves or get a new hair cut for years because they "live for their kids." (Not that I'm gonna buy a minivan!) I get why moms who have the most monsterous children treat them like their royalty and why women who spent decades getting their doctorate would give it all up to spend time with their kids.
I also get why grizzly bear moms will go postal if anyone even looks at their cub. I expected that I'd be clingy, but I'm more than that, I'd call it "grizzly."
The first night I didn't even care that I lost most of the night's sleep, I just stayed up and watched her.
I feel like I'm part of humanity now, (stay with me) looking at her hands that are miniture versions of mine and thinking how my mom probably looked at my little hands the same way and someday she'll look at her baby's hands and see how they look like hers.
The whole situation really is miraculous, in the truest sense of the word. This baby/birth a whole new aspect of God's glory and wonder and I can't stop praising Him for her (and crying about it). So many things could have gone wrong but instead God has inexplicably blessed us with a healthy baby. Glory to God.

6 comments:

won tong said...

AMEN CHARLSA AND KEVIN.. PERFECTLY PUT.. LOVE TO ALL IT IS A MIRICLE..

laura said...

way to make me cry at work! kidding...can't wait to hear more details, see more pictures, etc. congrats! we're all so excited for you guys!

Gibbytron said...

I am SOOOOO happy for you two! God Bless all three of you!!

Anonymous said...

There just aren't words to descibe the birth of your very own baby. I get to re-live the miracle all over again by watching you "get it" with Cricket. She's a little pumpkin and just as sweet as her mommy. Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

How blessed that beautiful little Cricket is to have such a wonderful mom! Congratulations to you and Kevin!

won tong said...

charlsa hows your neck this morning? stiff...um probabley....from stareing right! yep ..my neck sure was stiff from the wonder of it all...