Monday, September 26, 2005

gettin sick of TV


When a baby wakes up in the middle of the night, there isn't much else to do but watch TV until she falls back asleep. Anything that requires a spare hand is ruled out, like reading a book or using the computer-- forget it.
So Cricket and I watch the best of the worst cable TV has to offer us at 1am, 2am, 3am, 4am, etc. Well she doesn't watch, thank goodness or she would surely be scarred already. The later it gets the more dysfunctional commercials come on. If I see another ad for Girls Gone Wild, I think I might kick in the screen (it wouldn't require a hand, right?) Occasionally there is something kinda good on, Jumanji was on the night before last. It made up for Easy Money the night before that, which sucked big time.
I've learned not to watch anyhing on E! too, no matter how benign it might seem from the title, it's always what my mom calls garbage. Last night I watched the [recorded] 2 hr Extreme Home Makeover, I was a tad dissappointed. I didn't cry. And then I watched the middle of Sylvia Scarlett. Although I think I have more patience for vintage hollywood than most people, it was too heavy with cheezy dialog to make any sense. Luckily, Cricket fell alseep and thus ended my late night shift.  Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

won tong said...

LIKE YOU I'M MORE LEGENDARY HOLLYWOOD.. I JUST BOUGHT SOME MAE WEST W.C. FIELDS AND GROCHO AND KRAZY KAT CARTOONS.... YOU MAY WANT TO GET SOMETHING YOU POP IN YOUR SELF THAT YOU REALLY ENJOYED IN THE PAST BUT NEVER HAD THE TIME TO SIT AND WATCH..