Friday, July 21, 2006

another myspace lesson

Myspace has taught me...

that all the girls that were older than me and popular, really aren't that cool.


I was never one to obsess over the in-crowd, mostly because my class didn't have a popular group. But anyone in the classes older than me I thought were something like demi-gods. They had names like Misty and McKenna and Iris, like some daytime drama cast. Everyone knew their names at the neighborhood rec center. They had moms that were in the PTA and dads that wore sweater vests, which was a whole other world to me.

And now I find them on myspace, and they're big lame-os. Like, I'm sure they're nice people, probably always were nice. But they live in Flower Mound with unattractive husbands and have useless degrees in Communications.

I don't feel like I'm better than them. Hell, I have no job and haven't taken a shower in two days.

But it's facinating. Y'know? Fascinating where we all go.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, but you're in the in-crowd now with a beautiful daughter, wonderful husband and a perfect life. I'm so proud of you, Charlie..

Dianne

Unknown said...

what do you mean, they aren't cool...hello...what about me??
SIKE