Monday, July 24, 2006

I'm a cheat

It's hot here, just like it's hot everywhere else right now.

But since most of Californians think heat waves are the stuff of legends, hardly anyone has air conditioning around here, and people are freaking out.

I, on the other hand, jumped at the opportunity to have A/C installed in our house last year. People acted like I was buying gold boullion to use as cat litter or something when they heard of the A/C installation, how extravagant (?).

Now there's the heat wave, and I'm so pleased with myself!

According to public service announcments, we're not supposed to use alot of power. And you're supposed to turn down your thermostat to 78.
Yeah no, I'm not gonna do it.
Bring the rolling blackouts, because lucky us in our city a.k.a. Sockswithsandalsland, we have our own special electric company and they're not blackin' out.

Run run run, little A/C condenser!

Nanny nanny boo boo!

2 comments:

Sam said...

NO FAIR!! Delco and I are MELTING in our 95 degree house :(

Why do these crazy people never install A/C ANYWHERE?!?!

Anonymous said...

We just moved to Santa Cruz this month, and I have to admit that I have missed the whole weekend part of the heatwave. Now that the work week has started I know what you are talking about.

Still nice though to come home after work and chill with a walk on the coast.