Monday, July 10, 2006

kitchen's done! er almost done

Kevin requested that I take photos of our pretty new kitchen and put them on the blog. I was going to wait until it was done-done, but it's pretty close, so eat up readers.

Once our kitchen was like this



With patient little cabinets waiting in the storage room


And now it's fabulous.


Where the mountain of recycling lies now will be the new home of the refurbished stove that is still in surgery.

Also, if you look carefully you can see the foot pedal for our main sink. It's great! Especially since the dishwasher still needs another part and I'm washing the dishes by hand. Step down, water on. Step off, water off.

There's a red ribbon taped to the vent hood. AIDS Awareness? No. It's so that I don't bang my head into it again.


This shot was to show you the view from the barstool. But I guess it was unsuccessful, since our neighbor's house reflects like the surface of the sun.
($15 IKEA barstools! Wooo!)

This little sink was a bugger to get in yesterday. The most I did to help was look on sympathetically as he fought with it.

Do note the color of the doors and trim is called "Armadillo." :)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love it! You guys (Kevin) did such a good job! I can't believe that you did that all yourself. Wow. It is the kitchen I've always dreamed of.

Anonymous said...

I love it too....when is dinner going to be served from that beautiful arena?
btw: orange or turquoise?
-Sandi

Charlie said...

I'll be cooking a big dinner when the stove gets installed. Until then the George Foreman and the microwave don't really deliver banquet quality meals.

and I vote turquoise, though that was a tough call.

Anonymous said...

Wow!! It looks great! I can't believe all the improvements you guys have made to your house.. Tell Kevin he did a wonderful job!!

G$ said...

GO KEVIN!!!! He looks very PROFESSIONAL studying the manuals in the pics! Nothing like a man who can build and fix things! Bravo!!!!