Sunday, May 27, 2007

beauty is pain

Ok fair warning everyone: I'm getting the piercing/tattoo bug again.
I'm really really happy with the one tattoo I have. It was worth the pain and worth the fight with the artist who didn't want to do it for me.
I've never regreted it and I said I wouldn't get another one.
But lately I've been brainstorming about getting another one.
I'm incredibly picky so I haven't come up with one I think I'll be eternally happy with yet.
Should I put it on a place on my body that I don't like, so that it'll be "decorated" and then I'll like it more?

I want people to see it, but do I want everyone to see it all the time?
No, I'm pretty sure no. Like as much as I think arm tattoos on women are cool, I know that there will be many occasions in which I don't want to look like a badass, so I won't be getting anything like that. If they made them only last a few years, I would go for the arm.

I'd like to get something that reflects my faith, but I'm not happy with any Christian symbols, and I don't want text either.
I like my pink star that I have, I almost want to get another pink star somewhere else, but that's dumb.
I don't want any black in the design. I want it to make sense on the symmetry and compostion of my body...yeah the jury's still out. I'm up for suggestions, as always.

So until I figure it out, I think I'm gonna pierce my nose.
ha
But yeah seriously I am. :)
Not a big ol' honkin' ring. Just a tiny stud like Sandi or a pleasant Indian woman you might meet while eating Chaat.
I've always wanted one, but hated my nose. Now I've come to terms with my nose and I might as well spice it up.

Kevin thinks I'm crazy, but he also disdains things like belts and hair products. He's a minimalist. I don't expect him to understand.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Check out sacred ink for some ideas. The site is the idea of the student pastor here at Santa Cruz Bible church.

http://www.sacredink.net/main.html

Unknown said...

do the arm tatoo.
do the nose piering.
don't stop 'till you get enough.

Unknown said...

piercing.