Wednesday, August 08, 2007

a 26 yr old junior high'er

About 15 years ago, my dentist told me I would need braces. And when I didn't get them, I was grateful, I thought I dodged the social stigma bullet.

But then I really started to dislike my teeth a few years ago. I even went so far as to buy Teef to cover them up for photos. (But they didn't look right, they looked like I was about to step into the ring with George Foreman). I tell the dental hygienist that I don't floss because I don't like them. I'm embarrassed to smile around family members that are dentists.

I realize they could be alot worse, alot worse. And many people, including my mom, says that they're fine.

But they are messed up, my current dentist even said so.

So in two weeks, I'm taking the plunge! Two year commitment to straight, gap-free teeth.

I hereby swear, I will replace my bands when they break! I will wear my retainer! And I will floss!


3 comments:

Unknown said...

i think it is funny that you are pretty much the same age that I was when I got mine...well...maybe I was 27? Anway, you'll be so happy you did it! Way to go! You'll be a smiling fool :) and, everyone should be a smiling fool.

laura said...

one word: invisalign!

KAI said...

I got braces when I was around 27 too.. Your teeth do look fine, but I know how long you've been bothered by them. Do you remember the edited pic of yourself on your refrigerator at the house with bricks on the living room wall (aurora and scott moved there after coming home from Arizona for a short time).....?? Go for it!