Saturday, August 25, 2007

long term goal

I'm not a good negotiator and I don't have a law degree but I've always wanted to work for Amnesty International or the International Justice Mission.


I can't think of a better job than professional hero/rescuer.

Obviously at this point, I'm not qualified or able to move to Washington DC, New York, South America, Africa or Asia.

They do have a job opening at the A.I. San Francisco branch office but here's what they want for the job opening:

QUALIFICATIONS: Requirements include: BA degree... check!
or equivalent experience (3-5 years) in a grassroots organization, ...check!
minimum 2-3 experience in organizing,...if "office girl" counts, then check!
a commitment to multiculturalism,...check!
ability to travel 25% of the time...um, no
and work on weekends and evenings as needed...definitely not
excellent oral and written communication skills,..jury's still out on oral communications
and intermediate computer skills...check!
Training, facilitation, troubleshooting...vague but sure!
and conflict resolution skills are a plus...nope
Foreign language skills desired. Spanish? Si!


So then, if they hold the job open for me for another say, 5 years, I think I could land it!

Did I mention I'm a new super-helper to the Living Center?
Mama's got a brand new bag!

That'll have to tide me over until I can graduate to amnesty-hero.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

They'd be luck to hire a most awesome person and master of information such as yourself. When you decide to join the work force-stand back other helper heros.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful aspirations!! Keep your "Cape" in the closet-it won't be long before you're in full flight for "truth, justice, and the American way" Mom