Monday, August 20, 2007

darn you, Ronnie Milsap!

Does anyone else have an unconscious library of songs in your head that pop up when a certain phrase is spoken or an event happens?

I do, and the songs are weird.

For instance, this evening Kevin was cooking some black eyed peas (nothing to do with these guys) and I asked, "how long until it's ready?"
And the song "Any day now" by Ronnie Milsap started playing in my head.



How random is Ronnie Milsap!?

Get out of my head!

Some other greatest hits from my brain's B side:
(watching these videos was cathartic for me)

Anytime it's bright-
Blinded by the Light

California gold rush
All the Gold in California

Anytime there's a queen in conversation-
Killer

Jasmine landscaping-
Summer Breeze

Bakersfield, California-
Streets of Bakersfield

I may add some later, I often forget them until they pop up again...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

great post! i haven't watched all the videos yet, but i will. man, who doesn't love a little ronnie milsap?

Unknown said...

1) you broke out the gatlin bros and that is awesome.

2) back then, i didn't realize how great dwight was/is.