Wednesday, August 22, 2007

two more books

I haven't finished a book in about 6 months, I just keep accumulating ones I'm currently reading.

I was really anticipating reading Under the Banner of Heaven until on like page two it gives graphic detail of a horrible double murder.
Great.
Just what I needed.
Now I can't get it out of my mind, and I don't really want to read anymore about it. Apparently it's a major theme of the book. Gah.

I'll just read the other book: the one that I bought in the Honolulu airport that I thought was titled "Eat Fire Hazzard" but is in fact The Great Fire by Shirley Hazzard.
I'm going to give the book designer a C- for that artistic liberty on the cover.

It's a very well written book, but I'm half way through it and have yet to encounter anything figuratively or literally about a fire. Just alot of post-WWII wandering.
What's the fire? Where's the fire? Who's the fire? Am I the fire?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

haha...on the fire. Now, under the banner...c'mon...I really liked that book. Don't you want to find out *why* that murder happened? no?

Leigh said...

Keep going with Under the Banner of Heaven! It's worth it. It really is.

Jeremy and Kamie said...

I third that vote. Under the Banner of Heaven is a great book, worth reading and very insightful to the fundamentalist LDS.

Charlie said...

Okay y'all win, I kept reading it. I'm still reading and it really is good.
Man they are *nutz*
It's still pretty depressing but fascinating enough to keep me reading.