Monday, October 22, 2007

ooga chaka



This is what the Tonga Room in the basement of the San Francisco Fairmont Hotel used to look like about 50 years ago.


And here's what it looked like by the time I (and Sandi and Aurora) got there.
It was very cool and worth the years of waiting.

I doubt Sinatra and Martin enjoyed the "thunderstorms" (yes, rain fell from the "sky") or the live smooth Polynesian renditions of soft rock favorites from the floating boat stage.

Next time we have a ladies night out, I wanna go to the Beauty Bar!

3 comments:

Jeremy and Kamie said...

um okay, that does not look like Ro. I had to blow up the picture to get verification.

Charlie said...

I may or may not have photoshopped all three of us. Flash photography can be so unflattering you know.

Unknown said...

SORRY I'M HOT