Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Can we have a little couth please?

I heard that when Lucielle Ball was pregnant during the making of I Love Lucy episodes, the tv networks wouldn't let the cast say the word "pregnant." They had to use other creative similies to explain her delicate condition. What happened to that? Can we have a litte more discretion? Can people not ask me everything the doctor says, does or asks? Cracker, please!
How about a "how are you feeling?" and leave at that. I'm bigger than I've ever been in my life and my clothes don't fit. And please, nobody needs to make a smart ass comment "you're only gonna get bigger too!" You can save that.
I'm big delicate flower! Delicate flower!

I've been getting this reaction from alot of people "oh you're gonna turn into a mini van mommy." etc. With the counsel of my husband I have censored my sincere reaction to this. It's only God's will that is holding my tongue, but I think you know my sentiments (!). Can we not enrage the preganant woman, please? I know it's fun for you, but think of the zygote will ya? Rage can't be good for a zygote.
I ain't gettin no van, or stretch pants or pastel anything, alright?!
Alright.