Saturday, January 22, 2005

They says you're not old until you feel like it

Is that what they say? I can't remember. Not remembering in addition to my generally blank mind makes me old. I'm going to blame it on the hormones for now, but if this keeps up I'm gonna need a piercing or a new tattoo or something to snap me out of it. I sit at work with nothing much to do, I come home generally unmotivated to do anything out of the ordinary. I couldn't even muster a blog post for last few days which showed me to what degreee how milk-toast I've been this last week. I can't have caffiene to make me wake up I can't have alcohol to make me more outgoing**. What's a prego to do?
I went on my big outing to the grocery store this morning (my favorite one, the biggest one around here, they remodeled it from a bowling alley). And I had this feeling like "oh wow I'm out in public making direct contact with strangers, do I look like a shut in? Am I acting normal?"
By the way, I bought more groceries than I have ever bought before in one trip. That was pretty fun. What's also fun is pretending to be my Safeway-Alter-Ego, Lisa Anderson. When they ask for my "savings" card I type in 408 260 8664, Lisa's number. You can try it in Tom Thumb's in Texas, it works there too. Big Grocery Brother must think Lisa Anderson is a great big fat woman or is the mother superior of a giant mormon compound, because Kevin's old roommates use it too. They get "thank you Mr. Anderson" when they leave.


**I drank coffee/liquor maybe twice a month. But now since I can't have it, it's all I can think about. And seafood too! I want shrimp!