Monday, February 21, 2005

maybe just a little pity...a pinch?

Preface: I am very blessed to have my job. Very very blessed.

The following is being transferred off three quarter-sheet scratch papers stapled together...

"I'm writing this post on a piece of my recycled-back-of-junk-fax at 9:11 a.m.-- That's a bad sign of job boredom. Fortunately, we've had a lot of patients come in this morning, so that keeps me reasonably occupied. But it's this unexplicable sleepiness that comes over me like a mickey that makes my job lean towards maddening. The calming music ain't helping either. I really feel like my head could hit the desk at any moment; good thing chiropractic attention is nearby.
I systematically segment my work time into smaller goals. For instance, 10am is only 2 hours away from leaving for lunch. So now it's almost 10 and I feel a little better.
This also happens to be the same concept that I use for my alarm clock (which isn't a clock at all, it's a cell phone). One alarm for 5:45, one for 6:00 and the last for 6:40. Again for instance, at 5:45 it goes something like this: *HAPPY JAPANESE ALARM SONG* "what? oh, it's okay I have another hour before I have to get up..." And then fifteen minutes later I think "yay 40 more minutes!" which is usually followed by lots of flopping back and forth happily, knowing I don't have to get up until the 3rd alarm.
As you can imagine, this is annoying to other sleeping people. Contact husband or prior roommates for details.
Oh my gosh, it's been 10 am for way too long! My hope is turning to despair everytime I look at the clock and it says "9:56....9:59...10:01....10:02" !!

....

There was more, but I really starting losing it when 10am seemed to last thirty minutes, and my post started going downhill.

No comments: