Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Not that deep at all

Sometimes I wonder if I'm who I think I am. Not in an existentialist way, but in a "Am I that woman in the zebra pants?" kind of way.
How far away am I from looking like I just got out of rehab?
We had our first Bible study last week and I caught a glimpse of myself amidst the group in te over-the-couch mirror, and there was a clear contrast between me and the other members.
Maybe it was my sharky ponytail or my lack of make-up or it could have been my loud blue shirt. Not a good combo in hindsight. I think I could have frosted the look with toothpaste at the corners of my mouth and snotrags bulging out my jean pockets. (don't worry, I sported neither to my knowledge)

P.S. I believe that if I actually did lose my mind I *would* start wearing velour sweatsuits (you know the ones I mean) or neatly blowdrying my hair into place, and start blending in.

1 comment:

A. Diabetic Person said...

DON'T EVER BLEND IN!!! Well, beyond those few days when the only thing that feels right is the navy blue shirts. We all need those days every now and then.
The world needs you just the way you are.
Plus, if you ever had toothpaste frost on the edge of your mouth I would totally tell you about it.