Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Valu-Pak-- extra savings inside

Stuff's been happening so a quality post is in order. Plus, it's only 9am and I've run out of things to do at work.
I've got the sugar-sleepies thanks to a cherry cheese streudel from Noah's. I've you've never had one, have one, but you'll have to avoid operating heavy machinery because it will knock you out like NyQuil. The loss of motor skills is worth it though. I had other food for breakfast too, but I won't lie to you, the strudel was the star of the show.
In case you hadn't read my sister's blog, she's pregnant too. How bout that? If you're a man and you're reading this, you probably have begun skimming. But if you're a woman, you're thinking "oh my gosh!" And now I have the overriding guilt that we don't live closer to each other. Well whatcha gonna do, I guess.
We got a crib on monday night (men, just keep skimming). "We" was Allison, and her handy SUV, as well as Carrie, my friend from Dallas that popped into town for a couple of days. I participated very little in the whole operation, other than paying for it (Allison's reading this and thinking, 'yeah and you also tried to make me wreck my car!'). They loaded it in, Allison drove it over, and Carrie put it together. The only entertaining thing about the crib purchase is that it's used and I was warned in the craigslist ad that it had "teething marks." That kid musta been a little beaver because it the top edges look like they had a dremel once over.
Back to Carrie-- She's very organized, all of her family is-- they've got 6 kids, but I didn't realize how unorganized I was until she came and helped me out. Sorry, future baby, there doesn't seem to be much hope for you to be organized either, Kevin and I are not role models in that department. Good thing she's the law student and I'm the soon to be unemployed la-la-art-teacher.

No comments: