Monday, June 25, 2007

Baby Tuesday

I never stop hunting for the ultimate public park. I'm like a suburban conquistador[a], always asking the natives if they know of the El Parque Del Oro.
Donde esta?!
This afternoon I tried Las Palmas. It was like the set of Gilligan's Island interpreted into a children's playground. The only bummer was that the water spayers were turned off and the Professor was nowhere to be found to fix them [with a coconut husk and stick of bamboo].


Here's our little Bob Denver-Dawn Wells hybrid.


I was sure that Baby C would fall into the "lagoon" before we left, but alas, she did not.
She did however, run away from me when I said it was time to go, across the concrete and biffed it onto her knees. I told her that was the way the world worked, "when you don't mind Mommy, then you get hurt."
It's more or less true, right?


I don't care how much she looks like her father otherwise, when she makes that face, she looks like a little me.



She's plotting her escape and possibly her revenge upon the rest of us.


"I love nakedness!"


Yes, this one will be printed and framed. I love the "warthog."


Man, this may be the best photo of him to date. He is cuter than a hamster wearing mittens having tea with a pink bunny.
(and yes, I had to erase the laundry basket that was originally behind his head in the photo, and I didn't do it very well, sowy.)


"I am naked, by the backdoor on Daddy's bathrobe in my car seat...but I trust you. You're the one with the milk."


Modesty pleat.


'Looks like he's about to start up a polite conversation, right?


Thank you to great-aunt Cindy for making this muscle car quilt that mgaically matches his muscle car car seat cover made by yours truly. Kismet!
And that's a 12mo onesie and 18mo shorts. He's a hunk in more than one way.

on a separate note...
I've never donated to a presidential campaign before, but I want Barack Obama to win next year's election so darn bad, that I'm considering buying this shirt (20 bucks towards his campaign)

because I am an Obama Mama

3 comments:

Unknown said...

so much on this post that it is hard to leave a comment, but i want you to know that i love that park. your bug is really special. nakedness is greatness...and more and more. I even appreciate your corny humor in the intro paragraph.

KAI said...

Hello, my name is Erin, and I am too a park junkie...always on the search for my next "fix". That park looks awesome! Kai would so be in the lagoon. I cannot believe how big Baby C has gotten!!! And, those black and white pics...I thought you got those professionally taken! Very awesome.

Mrs. H said...

Wow! The pics of baby R are fantastic! Nice work. And what a chunk! Too cute.