Tuesday, June 19, 2007

dab of this and that

Here are my half designed, half paid/appopriated images that I've been working on lately.




(that's just a placeholder set of words for the subtitle, btw)


I've been reading a book about not being too busy. And since I've read it, I've taken on more projects than ever before...one painting, one website, 4 DVD covers, two title slides, one invitation, one business card, two T-shirts and one logo.
All to be done in the next two weeks or so.

The book says we do things like this to ourselves to feel important.
The book is totally right.
Yes, I need affirmation this bad.
I'm only getting paid real money for the painting.

I got a certificate of appreciation from the City of San Jose a few days ago and it only stoked the fire.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Out of curiosity what programming language are you using when are create a website? Or are your more of just the design side of things and not the coding?

Charlie said...

Yes I'm doing it dummy style. :)
I'm designing it and then handing it to a guy who will make it real.
I did offer to do it in Word, but strangely no one takes me up on it! ;)

Unknown said...

stop saying yes. empowerment comes from saying no.

Anonymous said...

Well, for the record, you do great graphical art.

Anonymous said...

There is good money in the stuff you do, how come you do not charge? I agree with Preston, you do great work. I still remember the Jesus painting you did during a Westgate service years ago.

Samantha P.M. said...

1 more thing for your to-do list...my thank you cards? :-D

I will trade baby-sitting!

Anonymous said...

you are just amazing and I admire you very much...(you will know when to slow down)..

Love,
Aunt Sandi

Charlie said...

I say yes so that I can have a real body of design work when I try to get a real job someday. I can then say "look I did this and this and this and this."
A means to an end if you will.
Also that's why I don't charge because I'm using the opportunity to build my resume.