Saturday, April 02, 2005

alright, let me explain the phenomenon

moun·tain wom·an, n.
1) Any woman who of her own volition lives in the Santa Cruz Mountains, whose make-up to flannel ratio is 0:5, has been wronged by any man but especially "the man" and is consequently embittered towards society and non-mountain women.(fig a.)
2) Menopausal woman with free time and money that become self-proclaimed artists (with little skill and alot of opinion) who fill up rosters at local college art classes, wear flowy clothing/bad jeans and handmade jewelry.(fig b.)

This group of women is not unique to the Bay Area but I must say this is a hot bed for these people. You will find them at local craft fairs, farmer's markets, gay rights rallys, and liberal bookstores. They often travel in groups for safety, lunching together and complaining about Christians.

2 comments:

A. Diabetic Person said...

Did we see any when we were in Soquel? What about those 2 women in front of us who I thought mothered one of the band members?

Help me decifer them so I can learn.

Charlie said...

Um, not that I noticed. i think they were all back in the mountains. :D