Wednesday, April 06, 2005

sooner or later, it was bound to be in a post

The capybara is my favorite animal. I would have one as a pet if it was legal, and I had a spare swamp. Llamas come a close second, I know that may come as a shock to some. They are indeed the world's largest rodent, and if that isn't enough to please ya, they "[look] rather like a cross between a Guinea-pig and a Hippopotamus." Does it get anymore funny than that?
I was spurred to post about them from tonight's Thayer encounter. The Thayers, being botantically inclined people needed to know what kind of tree was growing in someone's yard a few blocks away. So they investigated (I'll save you the entertaining morsels of how they went about it, because I think it would embarrass Kevin) and found out it was a Catalpa tree. And to be difficult I said "a capybara tree?" no a catalpa "capybara?" with the intent of confusing Kevin into forgetting. It worked until his mom ruined my game and reminded him on the way home-- no fun. Okay I know you're curious here's the tree
I know what you're thinking: Capybaras are way better than Catalpas. I completely agree.

No comments: