Tuesday, April 26, 2005

I call it the "stupids"

It's a condition of temporary stupidity that happens when you're pregnant. And by you, I mean me.
This is more of announcement that the is-it-a-boy-or-a-girl-ultrasound won't be until Friday, not Thursday as I had previously thought. Apparently though my appointment truly is on Thursday their technician is only in the office two days a week, namely Monday and Friday. Anyway, they had told me this but I forgot. I got it all straight this morning.
I have to confess that I'm not looking forward to the doctor visit because most of the time when I call I get Skipper on the other end of the line. It's hard to trust Skipper in matters of my unborn child. It kinda makes me want to ask if her mom is at home. But then I think, "Do I sound like a dingbat when I answer the phone at my job?" I am required to be peppy-- no, I can't be that bad.
And in a mostly unrelated way, I have signed us up for happy vegetable club. Okay, it's called Mariquita Farms (not to be confused with marguarita farms, which i guess would just grow limes and cactus). It's neat, and I'm gonna try cooking with stuff like nettles, which Kevin says aren't worth a turd to cook with. Challenge!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I read this food blog called Chocolate and Zucchini, which is written by a Parisian woman, and over the summer she joined one of those vegetable club things too. Sounded like a fabulous idea to me.

And look how continental it makes you seem!! =)

Anonymous said...

The real list of what is coming this week in the box (yay! no nettles)

http://www.twosmallfarms.com/CSAinfo/thisweekslist.html

Anonymous said...

ugh. here's a clickable link
http://www.twosmallfarms.com/CSAinfo/thisweekslist.html

Anonymous said...

I you don't straighten up, I'll make you come back home!! Mom