Thursday, April 28, 2005

cingular- spell check- singular

So I downloaded my first ringtone for my phone. As I expected, the whole thing was caca.
The last phone I had was too ancient to download ringtones, though I wanted them so badly! Now I have a new pretty phone which actually came with some good ones. But of course, as any young American would, I got tired of them so I wanted something different. I had tried once before do download one (Don't Fear the Reaper, of all things, I don't know what I was thinking, I might have been influenced by the cowbell) but it never came to my phone and I wasn't charged, so I just called it a draw.
But then I was inspred to get a "ringback tone" by one of our patients. Whenever I call her cell phone it plays a Beyonce song, like the real song. I like it, because instead of hearing "ring ring" you hear a song. So I came home, and to Kevin's disappointment I searched to see if I could get one too. (he's probably shaking his head at this whole post.) I found that only Verizon offers it, unless you live in Finland or China.
So then I was re-inspired to get a good ringtone. But cellular politics dealt me a dirty hand! Cingular bought AT&T, which I was part of, so now we ex-AT&Ters are Cingular's stepchildren. There was such a good ring on their website that I wanted-- but I couldn't have it because I was the bastard daughter of their mega-merger-of-passion. Instead I got a little window that says, push these buttons on your phone and you can download from the menu that pops up. I was hesitant, but I had already invested wasted time in this adventure so I thought I'd keep walking down the dark path. It took forever to do it on my phone, and you can't listen to them, you just have to buy and then hear it. I should have stopped there, but it was called "Charlie," how bad could it be?
Yeah, not good. It's like one the Sopranos going "Charlie, Chucky-boy my man."
I'm not a man.
:/

So that'll teach me...for a while. :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have felt the cingular ring tone frustration. Scott always gets cool tones and I always get left in the dirty pile of loser tones. So, I feel your pain. I don't know what the heck the charlie tone is you now have, but it sounds amusing.
We finally signed up with an independent internet ring tone provider deal. It was only like $14 for a year of unlimited ring tones on 3 phones.
Good luck.

won tong said...

Thats a good one.. has a good ring to it! giggle.. anyway have you ever seen that bazzare cartoon "Banana Phone" it's wild weird.. still don't get it..I don't know if I still have it if so I'll try and find it..Maybe you should pray I don't..