Saturday, April 09, 2005

"waterloo, promise to love you for ever more"

I work in an office that has mandatory easy-listening music. This means the local play-the-same-20-songs-over-and-over station, that you never liked to begin with, or the same 5 CDs on rotation for 8 hours at a time. So I think I'm now an expert on bad artists and especially bad lyrics. I have created a short list, with examples, of artists who unashamedly write bad lyric-songs (and torture me 4 days a week):
In no particular order
-Seal. --ex. "Baby, I have compare you to a kiss from a rose on a grey"
-Five for Fighting. --ex. "I’m more than a plane, more than some pretty face beside a train"
-Abba. --as if I needed an ex. "Mamma mia, here I go again" (and they made a musical from them! what am I saying? musicals have stupid lyrics too)
-Bush. --ex. "If I treated you bad, you bruise my face...glycerine"
-No Doubt. --ex. "Sorry I'm not home right now, I'm walking into spiderwebs"
-Nickelback. --ex. "These five words in my head scream "Are we having fun yet?"
-Shania Twain. --ex. "Oh, oh, oh, I wanna be free-yeah, to feel the way I feel
Man! I feel like a woman!"
-Avil Lavigne. --ex. "I like you the way you are, when we're drivin' in your car"
-Madonna. --ex. "Zephyr in the sky at night I wonder, do my tears of mourning sink beneath the sun"

To prove my belief that only dumb people request these songs and put them on the top 20 list/station I have a quote from Top 20 website...
"I like that Arvil song "Complicated" good stuff on this chart I gonna be adult soon so I hope that song still on No.1 till that time"

Yeah.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What if I like some of those songs?

Charlie said...

Then you should be ashamed of yourself! :p