Wednesday, April 20, 2005

it's a pattern

Today was the second day in two weeks that I have filled the spare moments of my work day with writing a post by hand, and then when I get home, I don't want to type it out into a real post. It feels like a rehash, even though I'm the only one that's read it. There were some points of interest...
-it's really hard to stay awake in an office designed to soothe. The low lighting, smooth jazz, gentle breeze from an open window, 75 degrees, with a full stomach doing quiet clerical work.
-My car which rarely ever has problems, dealt me a one-two-punch today. It hurt, big bill, it hurt bad.
-Baby products are a friggin racket! I finally understand why baby superstores exist--- because you need 3 different carseats! Buncha crap. You can buy one converts like a 3 in 1, but it costs the same as three separate ones so I don't see the savings.
It's the kind of thing that makes me want to trim other baby products and/or question their necessity. Like, do I really need a baby tub? Probably not.
In fact, I've already started noticing silly products that people don't need (and only add to the kid-insanity in their life). Here's a few:
tacky!
cold day in Hell
this would make me run away

I also really despise little tykes plastic outdoor things that litter people's yards and get all nasty and spidery, like cheap slides and playhouses. However, I have found one exception: c'mon that's funny

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I ALWAYS wanted a playhouse when I was a kid. One of those plastic ones you hate. The castle one, to be specific. But I never got one. The closest I ever got was when my Dad built this enormous, insulated, posh dog house for the dog, and she wouldn't go near it. I played in that sometimes, but it was awfully dark.

Ever seen that episode of King of the Hill where Bobby lives in the dog house? Yeah. That was me.

So, if you're not going to buy a plastic playhouse, you'd better tell Kevin that he AT LEAST has to build the kid a dog house.

;c)

Charlie said...

I know, I loved playhouses... I just don't like the preformed plastic ones...unless it's a giant tomato, heh.

Anonymous said...

I like the giant tomato,I think that might need to be a purchase.But that third thing about made me have a panic attack looking at it. People wonder why kids have ADD.

Anonymous said...

Wow...we had 2 of the 3 things you linked to.
I know they look crazy, but they were lifesavers on sanity. Both our babies were colicky and that bouncy seat with the activity bar was very soothing.
Call me crazy, but I think you'll see the usefullness (even if it looks tacky) of some of those kid items!
- Leigh