Sunday, January 01, 2006

Is $9.95 too little for a spell check?


Ahem, Isaiah maybe?
I bought a clip art CD from Fry's the other day while shopping for something else. I've needed a reserve of clip art/stock photos for a while now, since I do a little graphic design on the side and I don't have Microsoft Office.
I chose a disc called "Christian Clip Art" CD, knowing that it would likely contain many lame Ned Flander-y images, but I am a Christian after all, so I bought it.
I opened it up today, also noticing that it comes with it's own litte weird program that needs to be installed to view the files and that it's sponsored in some way by NetZero.
Oh but wait, there's more.
I played along and installed the viewing program and then I find out the images have a WMF file extension. When I tried to open an image in photoshop, I called it the "Where's My File" extension because it wasn't recognized. I had to clipboard it, and then save as a JPEG. (ok, it's Windows Metafile)
There are more photos of bunnies and gravestones than any other image on the disc.
And of course, the above "Isiah" image to ice the cake.

Lesson learned: $9.95 apparently is too good to be true when it comes to graphics.

1 comment:

won tong said...

HEE WHOZE IS WITHOUTT SPEELLSHECK CAST THE FIRST..........UMMMMMMM...GIGGLE THATS FUNNY.