Monday, November 05, 2007

self helpline

Wow I've done 1000 blog posts. I can't believe I've done 1000 of anything other than breaths heartbeats or calories.

I had realized in the last couple of months, which I was considering my design-hiatus, that it is impossible for me not to be stressed about design.
In fact, I found it more stressful to be missing out on opportunities and feeling like a loser for not producing anything, than to be working with insane deadlines and demands.

That is not to say that I didn't learn to conduct my designing business in a different fashion, while taking a "break."

I'm excited to have lots of projects this month. It will be stressful, but I love making stuff and adding to my portfolio, and dare I say "growing as an artist."
No, "growing as an artist" is too cheezy and makes me think of drawing nudes with charcoal.
"Expanding my creative perspective."
Yes, that's it.

Right now I'm hoping hoping hoping that my 1 year and 5 year goals will become reality.
More importantly, that I make the right decisions now so that I won't have to work a "desk girl" job ever again.
And I can look someone in the eye and say "I'm an artist" and not have to qualify it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Expansion and growth are both good. All your work is very talented and your hard work and dedication always shine through. Artists are BORN not created! Keep the creative juices flowing!!! Mom