Friday, March 25, 2005

food processing

I left work at about fifteen past food-time, had to run an errand, and was soon becoming quite a hungry hippo in need of some white marbles.
Carl's Jr was all around me, everywhere I drove! Tempting me with fries and splendidly greasy burgers! But I resisted for the usual reasons: I don't need to spend that money and I shouldn't eat that kind of food. Why should I not eat that food? Fries have no nutritional value, neither do buns or condiments. Really all I'm getting is protein and empty carbs. (stick with me this isn't a rant about fast food)
So I come home and what do I make myself for lunch? Pasta with sausage! It felt more fancy because it was pesto and italian sausage with bow-ties, but it was basicaly the same bricks in the food pyramid.
*shaking head* Good thing I'm taking vitamins....it's pie time!

1 comment:

A. Diabetic Person said...

I don't know, man, Carl's Junior is like a black hole. You think you're ordering something cheesy and salty and greasy, and all they hear is "I'd like a salad please, and a burger with no bun."

Might be worth a shot.

Sausage sounds good though.