Monday, March 21, 2005

I owe everyone a quality post.

And this time it will be a "nice" post. Meaning not laden with complaining or whining.
Since a few of my friends are sad now, I was spurred to tell a nice story, so here goes. (for dramtic effect, I sometimes call this my miracle story, haha):
One afternoon when I was living in Santa Cruz, I had been walking along West Cliff (road that goes along the shore) and I had stopped to watch the kelp, ahem I mean, the ocean. And as I was staring out, this little old man walks up to me out of nowhere and hands me two tracts (for those who don't speak christian-lingo, tracts are like God's summary cards-- you'll see it in the photos), and he says "It's all going to be alright," and walks away. I looked down at the tracts and at first I didn't think anthing more than oh what a funny old man, these tracts are really old but that was nice of him.
Please note, it wasn't the lowest day of my life, but I wasn't really living my life how God would want it, He wasn't the center. In general, I did need to be reminded that He is in control of everything.
But here's the cool part, I looked at the tracts again and the older one was the year I was born 1981, and the other one was the year I gave my life to Christ 1990 (or you could say, was reborn). How awesome is that?

See, nice story. One of my favorites.

1 comment:

A. Diabetic Person said...

I really like this story. I'm sorry I didn't comment sooner. I actually thought about this story as I sat in Santa Cruz this afternoon.

Cool.