Saturday, March 05, 2005

Visit To The Hospital: a children's book

Yep I had to go to the hospital. Stupid kidneys. I told Kevin it was like a test run for D-day because I had to call him away from what he was doing, he drove home, called the doctor for me, drove me to the ER, etc. The hospital was quite good, staff and food wise. I was on the more relaxed floor where post-op people come to chill under supervision. Thank heavens that the only tube they inserted in me was my IV. I feared other tubes. Of course I has given a sporty little gown and footie socks. The footies I got away with not wearing until midway thru day two, but one of the jr. nurses caught me and tracked me all the way to sitting on the toity where she insisted I put them on. I did however get an ultrasound (from two southern gentlemen judging by their accents), which otherwise I wouldn't have had, but they wanted to make sure everything was kosher. (I'll try and put the pics on if I can)
But yes, now I'm home and I had my first shower in 3 days and I'm wearing pants! A person could get used to those adjustable beds and well balanced meals coming 3 times a day though. ;)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

footie-nazi
ha