Wednesday, March 02, 2005

I need to make up for that last one

Man that last post was icky. Let's just pretend I didn't post it. No one wants to know all that. (Except maybe my mom)...Hold on, gotta go get the bean dip (a.k.a. lunch)...
Ok now I have my dip, chips, laptop and the dogs' full attention.
Yeah sorry to get all geriatric about my condtions. I'd delete it, but hey, it's already out there.
I tried again to find maternity clothes that don't suck yesterday. Not much luck. I got one long shirt, because I found out that if you don't buy those silly long shirts, people can see how weird your pants look at the waist. But that's all, just the shirt. All else was crapola.
I feel funny whenever I buy mat. clothes or tell various necessary people that I'm pregnant, because people tell me "congratulations." And of course I say "thanks" but there's a moment in between where I pause and think "whad I do?...oh they mean 'good luck with that!'"
Allison and I went to IKEA last night and stocked her up with glorious swedish products at fjord-bottom prices. (ok bad joke, but you know you laughed). But really, we got good stuff. Her room is gonna look faabülüs. I wasn't much help in the lifting or carrying department. I'd like to blame it on my pregnantness, but really I'm just feeble. We did have live entertainment while we were waiting in line from a little girl and her very proper palo alto father. Why he wasn't buying whatever he needed at a boutique on University Ave I couldn't say. But she was so goofy and he couldn't handle it. It feels like the world is made right when uptight people are forced to keep company with silly people, even if it's kids. I hope that little girl fights the man all the way until she's 18. :)

2 comments:

A. Diabetic Person said...

I think you could have done a lot worse in the geriatric department. You're not a complainer. If you were, you would seem much more geriatric.

At least you didn't make me talk about my feelings...

And amen to not deleting stuff.

A. Diabetic Person said...

And yes I did laugh at the fjord-bottom, and all the oumlauts.