Wednesday, May 03, 2006

"let's get ready to DEMO!!!!"

Kitchen demolition is scheduled for Monday.
We will no longer have a kitchen in 5 days.
As I was washing dishes it it occurred to me that the sink, the gross 1950's tomato stained sink, will soon be gone, and I'm not going to clean it.
The floor is disgusting, but it won't exist much longer, so I'm not going to clean it.
In fact, I could throw ketchup on the walls and burn my name into the linoleum with a blow torch and it wouldn't make the slightest difference.
I just might do it.
I asked Kevin if we could have a paintball fight in the kitchen on Sunday afternoon.

I've never had this lack of consequence in my life. I mean, when you move out of a rental, even if the place was a hellhole, you gotta clean the place or you'll lose your deposit. But this is all so wonderfully different.

...must destroy something...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you mean besides the floors? (burned by molten metal)

and the cabinets? (too much free time + jigsaw)

I wouldn't mess the walls though.. we do still have to paint them, and i'd rather not have to scrape off ketchup..

you can write on the cabinets or something though. :)

Gibbytron said...

burn everything. (wait, did i just say that out loud?) :)