Wednesday, December 13, 2006

and now a B.T. special report

Today marks the first temper tantrum.

After 1)kicking and yelling when I changed her diaper 2) yelling and flailing that she didn't want to put clothes on 3)insisting on carrying around an apple core from breakfast onto the cat-hairy couch, I took the apple and threw it in the trash---
SCREAM! *FLOP* down on the floor!
I debated whther to take her ourside or put her in her crib. Either way she would need more than just a diaper on. So I went to put her clothes on [again].
SCREAM! RED FACE! KICK KICK KICK! CLAW away!
It was like something from a Steve Martin movie. At times I had her on her head so I could put her pants on.

I chose the crib option, just in case she thought this kind of thing would buy her freedom.

She's freaking out in her room now.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

terrible twos so soon(?)...:)

she's very assertive, isn't she??
Auntie Sandi

Anonymous said...

Just tell her,"Geeet Maaaaad About It." Ok, probably funnier when said not written.

laura said...

so what happened after the room freak out? we want to know the update!

Anonymous said...

Oh my friend, you have begun the tantrums. Take heart / have fear, not to be a PITA, but this is probably some of your least of your concerns.

Wait until its:

SCREAM! RED FACE! KICK KICK KICK! CLAW away!... Throws something and hits baby brother -

That's a test for parental restraint and proper parenting :)

Our latest was "I'm going to go sit on Baby-M if you don't let me". We don't usually don the spanking cap, but that was an semi-immediate and controlled spanking right there. To date, no more pre-meditated interfraterial smothering attempts. A few "I really didn't realize I sat on him daddy", and I actually believed him that time.

Charlie said...

Ok here's your update:

Well the rest of the day ewas a bit hellish, but I think I figured out what caused it: too much sugar.
I've noticed if she eats a whole yogurt or a bunch of craisins, she turns to the dark side.
Today I didn't give her any "refined" sugars, just fruit, and she was a little angel.