Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Baby Tuesday

Sunday, we drove down to the beach to take photos for Allison. I couldn't help but take a few of Baby C with her Koala Kookie box. After all it was the first time she'd been on the sand at the beach. I was totally amazed that she was smart enough to stay out of the way of the waves. Gotta protect the kookies.





By the way, Christmas shopping with the baby is challenging. And I don't mean that in a euphamistic way. It really just requires a strategy and dare I say, a little planning. It's an equation dealing with factors of sleepiness, mode of baby transport, pre-park/post-park and pacifiers. Max amt of stores in one day: 3. Max amt of shopping total: 1 hr.

Once again, I bought her presents in front of her yesterday. No big woop.

Today I had to go to Borders to get a book and the line to checkout was incredibly long and I was going to have to restrain her in my arms until 15 [old]people had checked out.
I had to get creative and go to the cafe counter at the back of the store and try to buy the book there with the pretense of ordering a decaf cup of tea. It was a mixed blessing that the woman ahead of me ordered lunch for herself and her two kids-- the kids were distracting for Baby C but her order took so long that I started to sweat.
It was one of those moments where if I had anything else to deal with at that moment I would have lost it like a mom in a B rated holiday movie. But I kept my cool while I had to spell out my email address for the cashier while scurrying to grab up the baby before she pulled down a glass tip jar from the wrapping station.

Oh and then when we got home, I rushed for the bathroom, after I thought all not-for-baby things were secured. In those 60 seconds while I wasn't watching her, she pulled that Borders cup of tea off of the table, brought it into our bedroom and dumped the entire contents on our new carpet.
I gotta hand it to her, she's good.


Okay, the baby isn't in this photo. But it's not worth it's own post.
Here we are about to leave to go to the work party. It's my one time a year I pull out the rhinestones and the faux fur wrap. Of course, many (80%) Socks-with-Sandals-Land people that work with Mr. T think dressing up is a clean T-shirt. But I don't let that stop my bling.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Charlie looks exactly like her aunt Sandi did at that age!!! She may have even had a faux fur like that!! No, no that might have been me! You just look gorgeous!

And Kevin is so good-looking, Charlie!!! I think it's the first time I've seen him w/o glasses and he's looking mighty fine! He has such "good" hair!!

Dianne

Anonymous said...

actually she does look a little like me in this pic..and it WAS my coat..a lovely long brown suede coat with some kind of fur...it was my favorite coat ever....

Sam said...

Baby C looks fantastic! and Kev-o looks quite dapper.

Anonymous said...

I didn't even notice you were pregnant in that picture. Ok, until I though, "wait she's pregnant," then I noticed that button hanging on for dear life! haha. Anyway, you two look fabulous. I hope you guys had a good time.

Your story about bug-a-boo getting the tea and dumping it made me cringe.

The pics of her on the beach are great.