Thursday, December 07, 2006

oh christmas shrub, oh christmas shrub


Here's our little tree. I bought it all by myself while Mr T. and the bug waited in the car.
'Picked it up, carried it to the kiosk and then stuck in the passenger seat. That's the great thing about short trees, no fuss and low cost.

I bought a card table and sewed
a little tree skirt-meets-tablecloth-meets-puppetstage-meets-opium den.
There are supposed to be red "sombrero puffs" trimming both openings, but I ran out.
I put pillows under the table so maybe the baby or even the dogs would hang out in there. But they don't really.

And boy am I glad it's up on the table! She daily plays the game of what can I swat at? So far, just one ornament has come off.
And plenty of needles.

3 comments:

G$ said...

What a decorative way to solve "the grabby hands" problem. It looks very "chic" and Cricket can get "under" the tree. How Fun is that? You did a great job!

Anonymous said...

you are the greatest decorator...make a CD for Cricket and the new babe; they will really appreciate all you do.

Auntie Sandi

Jenna said...

I would love to see two cute little furry presents under my tree like that on Christmas morning!