Friday, December 29, 2006

rolled-up shorts and mustard yellow- pah!

Does anyone else feel that this would be a great time to be a teen?
Okay, my opinion is mostly based on clothing and music, but what else really matters when you're 14?

Allow me to illustrate:

Here is a photo of a bunch of teens from the mid 90's. Fluffy hair, oversized everything. Nobody looks attractive.



And (towards the end) it was cool to like Korn and Tool. Terrible, terrible music.


Here's a current senior class.
Now I realize there are still some in this photo that don't look cool, but overall pants fit, hair is natural, all good things.

I bet they all have cell phones and laptops too.

And teen-emulating music now is good, The Shins, The Killers. No fair!



And this isn't just a recent thing I've thought. I mean, the 1960's was a great time to be a teenager too.


I know this isn't the best photo, but let's all remember American Graffitti. Isn't that the message of the movie? It was cool to be a teenager in the 60's.


Yes, I'm still bitter about every T-shirt being 3 sizes too big and having shoulder pads in it and the entire flannel trend. You lucky 2006 teens with your skinny pants and long shirts!

3 comments:

G$ said...

The current senior pic actually looks closer to what I wore in high school. T-shirts & jeans and maybe some hiking boots. That would have been 1971-1974 and my wardrobe hasn't change TOO much from it except when my "in the loop" daughters by me something "cool." Otherwise, I'd just end up on a park bench looking confused. Mom

G$ said...

p.s. please excuse the miss-spelling of buy.

Sam said...

Them's some pretty small senior classes!