Wednesday, February 15, 2006

"I'd be lyin if I said I didn't have designs on you."

I hope everyone had good love or anti-love days yesterday.
It seems most of my friends are anti-love, so apparently they have their own Valentines-Kwanzaa called Singleness-Awareness-Day. If you celebrate it, you might as well wear a shirt that says"if I see anything pink, red or heart shaped today, I'm gonna punch my fist through a wall."
Anyway, the husband and I are are not romantic people. And Valentines Day is sort of painful because it's expected that you go out to dinner, buy the box of Russel Stover's truffles from the grocery store and maybe buy some flowers off the guy on the corner or whatever. "The norm" usually gives me the heebie jeebies, and February 14th is no exception. So I decided to organize a scavenger hunt for him.
Pirates were a necessary theme, I think. Not to mention how much I love them, and how nothing says I love you like a skull and crossbones. I thoughtfully planned and designed little clues, their location and the "booty" at the end was a heart shaped pizza custom made by the place he likes.
The event was titled "Yarr! The Skurvy Dog Stole Me Pie!"

These are the clues.


This is the back of the first clue which was stabbed to a tree with a knife for him to find when he got home. It read:
"Avast me hearty!
Some salty sea dog was snoopin’
round my poop deck and swiped my
pie that I had rightly looted from
our last port. Yer wench of a wife
said you’d know how to hunt that
pfeffersack’n cuss down and get
me back me pie.
Now we’ve dropped anchor here
in Killarney and the other
freebooters and I will rest our
legs while ye’ find me pie.
Me thinks I seen the
hornswaggler outside
Black Bart’s Peachy Saloon
passed out in the gutter."

This led him to a piles of rocks outside the tackiest peach house I have ever seen that is down the block. I assure you the following clues were equally entertaining.


These are one of the three bouquets he picked and arranged for me. We've got lots of flowers around our house, eh?

No comments: