Sunday, February 19, 2006

real estate report

Greetings from one of the most expensive real estate areas in the country.
Occasionally I like to see what the market has to offer in rare, distinguished and undoubtedly overpriced housing properties.
San Francisco is my snooping city of choice.
Here are some lovelies:

Oh I do love Presidio Heights, but not 23-million-love. Who buys that?







This property had a photo shoot during a miraculously sunny day in the city.








How nice to have your own store front? I could bring any of my terrible art, clothes for a smaller me, and homemade cookies to a new level of respect, by featuring them in my own store window.









And today I drove around the hills of Saratoga, just a few minutes west of us and I think I saw some of these:



Your own winery? That's too much stress. I don't want the cows or the tractor either, just show me where I can put a bed and a couch.



Peach Hill hacienda
...I think Thomas Kinkaide lives somewhere up there.
Public Service Announcement: I'm advising you to not like his art. It's like supporting McDonalds, only less evil, but don't do it, it's not healthy. Read books, stay off drugs and don't buy into Thomas Kinkaide.



A nice lake and a house to go with it. Kevin remarked that "you have to have a certain sized house to support a redwood tree." I think this qualifies.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Quick math on the presidio site:

22,000,000 / 21780 (1/2 acre) =

$1010.

Per sqaure foot.