Thursday, February 02, 2006

stop it, just stop, nobody's falling into the sea!


As I've mentioned before, we have an overstuffed TV screen. Mi esposo and I find ourselves watching pretty much anything as long as it's broadcast in high definition. One the the random HD channels features a series called "Discovering America," in which they highlight one of the 50 states in detail.
This morning it was Delaware.
I was about to post on Wordaholism about how I thought "oh hey Delaware, now I'm gonna find out what's interesting about that state because everyone makes fun of it for being dull and bland." And as I began watching I soon realized it was true, there isn't anything spectacular about Delaware, at all. But then I thought "No, I'll be nice to Delaware and not make fun of them too, what did Delaware ever do to me?"
And then I heard this:
(from an interview with Delaware's one and only vinyard/winery owner)
Interviewer: "So what's the difference between east coast and west coast wines?"
Winery Woman: "Well when the big quakes comes, the difference is when California falls into the sea and Nevada becomes waterfront property I'll be holding the keys to the kingdom."


What in the hell does that mean?!
Come on! Who started this falling into the sea business?!


Conclusion:
Wine people = not fun.
Delaware people = not smart
Delaware wine people can eat my shorts.

1 comment:

Lucy said...

Dude, Maglet's from DE. Best not post on Wordaholism slamming the state. :D