Friday, February 03, 2006

Nice movie/Sad movie

I rented to two DVDs yesterday to test out our new DVD player. I usually choose movies by how many independent film awards it wins and if Nicolas Cage is not in it
The Parrots of Telegraph Hill
Yes, I rented it because it's a documentary from San Francisco. It began kinda sad, but it was so cute, and by the end I wanted to clap my hands.
Turtles Can Fly
Sounds likes a nice movie. It's not. It was so tragic. I mean, it was a really good movie, story, directing, acting, etc. But I wanted to fastforward about 4 times because of the sadness/stress of a scene. It's about a refugee camp on the Kurdistan/Turkey border at the beginning of the War in Iraq and it follows the stories of a few kids that live there. Heavy! But surprisingly not anti-American.

No comments: