Monday, February 27, 2006

I've been watching my independent films again...

If you have Comcast with the On Demand feature, these are in the Free Movies section under Independent.

Back from Iraq.
Either way you feel about the war, this was a good documentary. It's just 5 interviews with different wounded war veterans from diferent parts of the country. It's not a tear jerker unless you're already emotional, but it is sobering. 3 stars

The Corporation. Superb! It was like a Michael Moore film without Michael Moore. (Not like I don't like him per se, but I know lots of people think he's an oaf). 'Mostly interviews with corporate-concerned people on both sides of the issues. 4 stars.

Alter Egos
I like odd biographies about people that I've neer heard of. Like, who wants to hear any more about Madonna, Dick Cheney, or Kobe Bryant? I prefer to hear about Ryan Larkin's downward spiral.
I learned about Canadian hippies, the animation scene of the 60's and 70's(outside of Disney or WB), and what goes on behind the scenes of a short film. 3 stars

No comments: